...Lake effect Snow Advisory remains in effect until 5 am EST Friday...
* locations...Chautauqua...Cattaraugus...Wyoming and southern Erie.
* Timing...late this afternoon through late tonight.
* Accumulations...an inch or less this afternoon and 3 to 5 inches tonight...leading to storm totals of 3 to 6 inches in the most persistent lake snows.
* Visibilities...a quarter mile or lower at times within snow bands.
* Impacts...localized lake effect snow will result in slippery roads and poor visibility at times.
In lake effect snow the weather can vary from locally heavy snow in narrow bands to clear skies just a few miles away. If you will be traveling across the region be prepared for rapid changes in Road and visibility conditions.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of weather information for the latest updates. Additional details can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/Buffalo.
Report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service in Buffalo by sending an email to bufstorm.Report@noaa.Gov...posting to the NWS Buffalo facebook Page...or tweet...using the hashtag bufwx