...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 am Sunday to 4 PM EST Monday...
* locations...Chautauqua...Cattaraugus and Allegany counties.
* Timing...from early Sunday morning through late Monday afternoon.
* Hazards...heavy snow and blowing snow.
* Accumulations...storm totals of 10 to 15 inches.
* Period of most intense snow...Sunday afternoon through Monday morning.
* Winds...northeast 15 to 25 mph will cause blowing and drifting snow.
* Visibilities...under a quarter mile at times.
* Impacts...hazardous travel conditions are expected due to significant snow accumulations and greatly reduced visibilities.
A Winter Storm Warning is issued when severe winter weather is expected. Heavy snow and/or ice will cause hazardous driving conditions. If you will be traveling in the warning area you should choose an alternate Route if possible...or you should use extreme caution if travel is unavoidable.
If you lose power and plan on running a generator...make sure that the generator is located outdoors and is properly ventilated. Space heaters should also be properly ventilated and used only if they are operating properly. Make sure snow does not block exhausts and fresh air intakes for high efficiency furnaces and water heaters.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of weather information for the latest updates. Additional details can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/Buffalo.
Report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service in Buffalo by sending an email to bufstorm.Report@noaa.Gov...posting to the NWS Buffalo facebook Page...or tweet...using the hashtag bufwx