... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM CST this evening...
* timing... through early Sunday evening.
* Winds... sustained 25 to 30 mph gusting to 40 mph overnight
then becoming stronger Sunday morning through the afternoon
with gusts to 45 mph.
* Impacts... driving high profile vehicles may be difficult. High
winds could displace loose objects and could result in minor
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35-40 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Kerr Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 00:42 CST Jan. 22, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 18:05 CST Jan. 21, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning in effect until 6 PM CST Sunday for very
strong north west winds and low relative humidity across all of
south central Texas...
The National Weather Service in Austin/San Antonio has issued a
red flag warning, which is in effect until 6 PM CST Sunday.
* Affected area... all of south central Texas.
* Wind... northwest 25 to 30 mph with gusts near 45 mph.
* Humidity... minimum afternoon humidity ranging from 15 to 35 percent
* impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.